Clearing Browser Cache
A few reasons you might need to clear your Browser Cache:
- You are seeing unexpected results.
- The page is not loading or is slow.
- You are prompted with errors.
Clearing your Web browser cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of Web pages and programs you visit.
For Internet Explorer 8.x and Up
- Click "Tools" from the Internet Explorer menu bar
- Click "Internet Options..."
- Click the "General" Tab
- Click the "Delete Files" button in the "Temporary Internet files" section
- If you still have a problem, repeat the steps above and restart the computer.
For Safari 8.x and Up
- From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache.
- When asked Are you sure you want to empty the cache, click Empty.
For Firefox 12.x and Up
- Click "Tools" from the Firefox menu bar
- Click "Clear Recent History..."
- Check "Cache" and click ok to close the menu
- In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu
- Select More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Click "Edit" from the Opera menu bar
- Click "Preferences..." from the "File" menu
- Click the "History and Cache menu"
- Click "Cache"
- Click ok to close the Preferences menu
- Please refer to the Opera support page on Web caching for more detailed information.