Clearing Browser Cache
A few reasons you might need to clear your Browser Cache:
- You are seeing unexpected Results.
- The page is not loading or is slow.
- You are prompted with errors.
Clearing your Web browser cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of Web pages and programs you visit.For Internet Explorer 8.x and Up
- Click "Tools" from the Internet Explorer menu bar
- Click "Internet Options..."
- Click the "General" Tab
- Click the "Delete Files" button in the "Temporary Internet files" section
- If you still have a problem, repeat the steps above and restart the computer.
For Safari 8.x and Up
- From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache.
- When asked Are you sure you want to empty the cache, click Empty.
For Firefox 12.x and Up
- Click "Tools" from the Firefox menu bar
- Click "Clear Recent History..."
- Check "Cache" and click ok to close the menu
- In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu
- Select More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Click "Edit" from the Opera menu bar
- Click "Preferences..." from the "File" menu
- Click the "History and Cache menu"
- Click "Cache"
- Click ok to close the Preferences menu
- Please refer to the Opera support page on Web caching for more detailed information.